Lady Maria Edgeworth. Portrait from the original painting by Alonzo Chappel, c. 1872
List of Contents
Edgeworth, Maria. The Works of Maria Edgeworth. General editor: Marilyn Butler. Volume editors: Marilyn Butler, Connor Carville, Claire Connolly, Jane Desmarais, Elizabeth Eger, Siobhán Kilfeather, Susan Manly, Tim McLoughlin, Clíona ÓGallchoir, Heidi Van de Veire and Kim Walker. 12 vols. London; Brookfield, Vt.: Pickering & Chatto, 1999-2003.
- Vol. 1. General Introduction; Textual Note; Introductory Note; Castle Rackrent (1800); Irish Bulls (1802); Ennui (1809); Endnotes; Textual Variants. Edited by Jane Desmarais, Tim McLoughlin and Marilyn Butler. General introduction by Marilyn Butler
- Vol. 2. Introductory Note; Abbreviations; Belinda (1801); Endnotes; Textual Variants; Appendix 1; Appendix 2. Edited by Siobhán Kilfeather
- Vol. 3. Introductory Note; Leonora (1806); Harrington (1817); Endnotes; Textual Variants. Edited by Marilyn Butler and Susan Manly
- Vol. 4. Introductory Note; Manoeuvring (1809); Vivian (1812); Endnotes; Textual Variants Edited by Claire Connolly with Marilyn Butler
- Vol. 5. Introductory Note; The Absentee (1812); Madame de Fleury (1809); Emilie de Coulanges (1812); Endnotes; Textual Note; Textual Variants. Edited by Heidi van de Veire and Kim Walker
- Vols. 6-7. Introductory Note; Patronage (1814); Endnotes; Textual Variants. Edited by Conor Carville and Marilyn Butler
- Vol. 8. Introductory Note; Ormond (1817); Endnotes; Textual Variants. Edited by Claire Connolly
- Vol. 9. Introductory Note; Helen (1834); Endnotes; Textual Variants. Edited by Susan Manly and Clíona ÓGallchoir
- Vol. 10. Selected short fiction. Introductory note; “Preface,” “Lazy Lawrence,” “Waste Not, Want Not,” “Forgive and Forget,” “Simple Susan,” “The Mimic,” “The Orphans,” “The Basket Woman,” “The White Pigeon,” The Parent’s Assistant (1800); “Forester,” “Angelina,” Moral Tales for Young People (1801); Endnotes; Textual Variants. Edited by Elizabeth Eger and Clíona ÓGallchoir
- Vol. 11. Introductory Note; Acknowledgments and Dedication; Practical Education (1798); Index; Endnotes; Textual Variants; Plates. Edited by Susan Manly
- Vol. 12. Introductory Note; “Lame Jervas,” “The Grateful Negro,” Popular Tales (1804); “Harry and Lucy,” “Rosamond,” “Frank,” “The Little Dog Trusty,” “The Orange Man,” “The Cherry Orchard,” Early Lessons (1801); Endnotes; Textual Variants; Manuscript Material Introductory Note; Whim for Whim (1798); Endnotes; List of Errata; Index. Edited by Elizabeth Eger, Clíona ÓGallchoir, and Marilyn Butler
InteLex's resources in philosophy and social thought have long been a mainstay of our collection at the Electronic Text Service. The company's selection of resources, careful text editing, and sensitivity to the budgetary constraints of academic institutions make them a model of what scholarly academic publishing in the electronic field should be.
Head, Electronic Text Service